2013 B.C. Mountain Bike Tourism Symposium
Royal Roads is proud to partner with the 2013 BC Mountain Bike Tourism Symposium.
The event, themed around the idea of progression, speaks to the opportunity for stakeholders and experts to gather and share insights and knowledge about how to progress toward a more sustainable and viable mountain bike tourism sector. Participants will learn from the successes and challenges of those that have been working in the field and explore what is necessary to take B.C.’s mountain bike economy to the next level. The symposium will highlight accomplishments and underscore the steps needed to be taken to attract more riders to your destination.
Discussions and presentations will be led by experts in the biking field and the industries it touches, including:
- Brian White, director of Royal Roads School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Ray Freeman, Royal Roads associate faculty and alumnus
- Mandy Farmer, CEO of Accent Inns and Royal Roads alumna
- John Hawkings, Rec Sites and Trails B.C.
- Mark Wood, North Shore Mountain Bike Association
- Judd de Vall, Alpine Bike Parks
- Caroline Depatie, Capilano University
- Mike Nelson, Cascade Environmental Group
- Todd Pope, District of Squamish
- Bruce Whyte, tourism planner
- Mark Schmidt, Parks Canada
Royal Roads University is an official partner of the 2013 MTB Tourism Symposium.
Learn more abou the symposium and register here.