Mother’s Day Paint In and Craft Fair
Royal Roads University welcomes the community to its historic campus for a perennially popular family event, the Mother’s Day Paint In. The event is also an opportunity to celebrate local artisans and musicians on the university’s grounds, Hatley Park.
- Free admission to Hatley Castle and gardens and 30-minute castle tours are offered every hour (on the hour)
- $5 all day parking
- Truffles Catering will provide a family-friendly menu
Local artisans will display hand sculpted and painted glass art, organic seasonings, fudge, jewelry, garden stepping stones, home grown plants and many more. Community leaders will share Colwood’s heritage and community initiatives, power smart conservation tips and fun interactive activities.
The event also includes the Art Show and Sale, organized by the West Shore Arts Council featuring fine art and music (jazz and classical) performances from talented middle and secondary students from the Sooke School District. The Art Show will be held over two days May 10-11, in the Quarterdeck, second floor of the Grant Building.
Main Stage Performers
- 10 a.m. Belmont R&B
- 11:15 a.m. Mike Lefebvre and Perros Libres
- 12:30 p.m. Terry Brennan
- 2 p.m. RRU Student Performance
- 3 p.m. West Shore Community Concert Band
Fun activities and crafts hosted by West Shore Parks & Recreation staff.
- 11:15 a.m. Tickles the Clown
- 12 p.m. Daisy & Farmer Vicki
- 2:30 p.m. Twiggly Wiggly the Magic Clown
Learn more from our community leaders, who will share Colwood’s heritage and community initiatives, power smart conservation tips and fun interactive activities.
For more information: