Social Enterprise Catalyst Day of Learning
Are you a non-profit employee or entrepreneur wanting to learn more about social enterprise? Are you currently operating a social enterprise on Vancouver Island or just want to know more about what it means to your community?
Join us Friday, May 30 as Royal Roads University welcomes the Social Enterprise Catalyst Day of Learning to campus for an all-day workshop full of relevant and practical sessions delivered by skilled presenters. This event is organized by Vancity, United Way of Greater Victoria, Royal Roads University and Volunteer Victoria.
- Social enterprise as a powerful tool for change
Paul Lacerte, executive director of the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres
- Opportunities and possibilities for social enterprise
Michael Ableman, farmer and founder of Sole Food Street Farms
- Social enterprise 101
- Assessing your business idea and feasibility
- Managing expansion and growth
- Financial models for sustainability
- Governance and effective decision making
- Business pillars: Marketing, real estate, human resources and social impact
Register online to join us May 30. Tickets are $50 and include all workshops and keynote speakers, as well as lunch.