Supporting student mental health
Supporting Student Mental Health
November 21st, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Centre for Dialogue
Coffee, tea, and cookies will be served.
Faculty and staff are invited to join Student Services’ Student Success Team for a workshop on student mental health. This session aims to equip our community with skills to identify students who are emotionally struggling, and how to provide support and refer for further assistance.
- Traditional welcome
- Brief overview on the state of mental health in post-secondary institutions
- Meet our counsellors and the CARE Team
- Signs and symptoms of mental health concerns
- Strategies for how you can support students
- When and how to refer to counsellors or the CARE Team
To ensure this is a safe space for discussion, this workshop will not be livestreamed or recorded.
Contacts for any questions:
Sarah Chettleburgh, counsellor, email@example.com, x4515
Gemma Fraser, counsellor/academic coach, firstname.lastname@example.org, x4515
Gwen Campden, manager of Student Success, email@example.com, x2502