1 ½ weeks until Bike to Work Week
Bike to Work Week is less than two weeks away. Join the ‘RRU Roadies’ and help us improve on our combined performance from last year. Signing up is as easy as emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and making sure ‘sign me up!’ is your subject line. Then, each day you ride that week, enter your daily mileage on the online distance tracker so we can track our combined efforts.
What will motivate you?
- Do you like being a part of something big? Then sign up and contribute your commuting distance to our combined totals. Last year 30 of us cycled a combined distance of 1644 kilometers, with riders peddling anything from 2 to 34 kilometers a day. Let’s see how much better we can do this time around!
- Are more motivated by competition than collaboration? Then create a team of co-workers and challenge other campus teams to out-commute you. More information on that here.
- Do you want to win things? Then you need to know that there will be prizes. The more times you ride, the better your chances of winning.
- Do you want to eat and have fun? Then read on!
BTWW activities on and around campus:
- Monday, May 30th – 7:30 to 9 a.m.
A ride up breakfast at the top of the hill, with fruit, banana bread, coffee, hopefully tea. maybe some juice.
- Tuesday, May 31st - After work
Celebration Station set up across from campus gates on Sooke Road. This will be run by BTWW Victoria and will include an RRU presence
- Wednesday June 1st - From noon to 1 p.m.
Fun and games in front of the Grant Building. There will be slow skills competitions, a little food and a group photo
Velofix Mobile Bike Shop. Brent Hooper will be on site to assess your bike and potentially make small adjustments. So bring your bike! If your bike needs more complete servicing, Brent would be happy to schedule a full appointment later. His comprehensive Basic Service is $69 + any required parts and installation. Click here to book your appointment