Announcing the Bateman 2016 calendar winner!
We requested scathingly brilliant ideas for new Continuing Studies courses and you delivered. Thank you to all who participated in our contest as we were thrilled to get such a good response. Course ideas varied from upcycling to website design, to visioning boards to heritage tree walks, and more.
We will be reviewing the course suggestions later this spring as we prepare for the 2016/2017 school year, so watch to see if we include your course/workshop in the next CS calendar.
And now what you’ve all been waiting to know, the winner of the autographed Bateman calendar is School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Program Associate Kyla Beattie. Congratulations to Kyla for offering us two course suggestions and hope you enjoy your calendar!
Here is a glimpse of the ideas we received:
- Heritage Tree Walk at Royal Roads
- How to Take Minutes for Meetings
- Starting an Online Business
- How to Build a Root Cellar
- Homemade Solar Power
- Zero Waste: How to Achieve It?
- Improving Healthcare Delivery Through Promoting Health Literacy Opportunities
- ISO Application Development
- Website Design Using WordPress
- What is SEO and How to Use It?
- Learn 10 Traditional Dene Laws
- Learn to Say ‘Thank You’ in 3 First Nations Languages
- Learn How to Tune Into CBC North (and listen to programming in 8 First Nations languages)
- Cultural Respect 101 and Basic Language Skills to Welcome International Visitors to Royal Roads
- Local Wine & Wineries with Culinary Pairing
- How to Create Vision Boards