Bike to Work Week: Schedule of events
Bike to Work Week is one and a half weeks away now, May 28 to June 3. If you have not already, join the RRU Roadies so you can win prizes and add your commuting distances to our combined totals.
Signing up is as easy as emailing email@example.com and making sure ‘sign me up!’ is your subject line. Then, each day you ride that week, enter your daily mileage in our online distance tracker so we can track our combined efforts.
Planned BTWW activities:
- Monday, May 28, 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Celebration Station organized by BTWW Victoria with some help from us. Across from the campus gates.
- Tuesday, May 29, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.: Ride up breakfast in front of LIC. Baked goods, coffee, fruit donated by Thriftys, and some community building!
- Wednesday May 30, Noon to 1 p.m.: Fun and games in front of the Grant Building. Penny drop race, a slow bike race, prizes, some food and a group photo.
- Thursday, May 31, Noon: BTWW yoga class in the fitness room at the RRU gym
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Daily random draw plus one random draw for weekend staff. For every day that you log a commute in our distance tracker, you will be entered to win.
- Random grand prize for the week. Everyone who logs three or more rides for the week will be entered to win the grand-prize.
Prizes will be:
- Monday’s prize: 50 dollar gift card for MEC
- Tuesday’s prize: 50 dollar gift card for Thrifty’s
- Wednesday’s prize: 50 dollar gift card for Frontrunners
- Thursday’s prize: 50 dollar gift card for Lululemon
- Friday’s prize: 50 dollar gift card for Sportcheck
- Weekend prize: 50 dollar gift card for Save On Foods
- Grand prize (for someone who logs three or more rides for the week): 100 dollar gift card for MEC