Campus power outage June 1
Continuing with improvements that began in 2017, Royal Roads is moving forward with further upgrades to campus electrical systems.
A campus-wide power outage is planned for June 1 from 12 to 10 p.m.
What will be impacted and what can you do to prepare?
All staff are asked to shut down their computers before they leave for the weekend of Friday, May 31, as a precautionary measure. You will receive a reminder to do so from IT in advance.
- Power to campus will be off during power outage hours
- Traffic control will be provided by Royal Roads Security during power outages
- Recreation Centre will be closed during power outage hours
- Library will be closed during power outage hours
- Habitat Café will be closed during power outage hours
- Sherman Jen Building Café will be closed for the weekend as normal
- Emergency access will be maintained
- Transit service to the campus will be maintained as per regular schedules
- Moodle and RRU webmail will not be disrupted
- Remote access on Sentinel should be limited to essential work needs only
- Outlook and internet will be shut down in preparation for the planned power outage: files saved on your C drive will be accessible but the network will not be available
Support from the Royal Roads community is appreciated.
Emergencies during power outage
In case of emergency during the power outage, you can reach Royal Roads Security at 250.415.7811, 250.415-8572 or 250.580.2896.