Career Development Day
Students, staff and faculty are invited for a day of career professional development during this year’s Career Development Day at RRU.
All in-person presentations and panels will be livestreamed to provide online students and faculty the opportunity to take part in the day’s different sessions.
Please join us Feb. 10 from 8:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Learning and Innovation Centre - Centre For Dialogue (4th floor). Please note the 1 to 4 p.m. session is in the Grant Building - Quarterdeck.
The following events will be available via livestream:
Guest Speakers, HR Panel and Careers in Finance and Banking - Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. PST
Public Service Commission presentation - Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 4:30 – 5:15 p.m. PST
- 8:45 - 9:20 - Student Coffee (Sponsored by RRU Student Association)
- 9:25 - 9:30 - Acknowledgements of Traditional Land
- 9:30 - 9:45 - Student Welcome
- 9:45 - 10:30 - Alumnus Keynote Speaker
- 10:30 - 12:00 - Human Resources Panel
- 12:00 - 12:45 - Break
- 12:45 - 1:30 - Careers in Finance & Banking Information Panel
- 1:00 - 4:00 - Career Networking Booths *** Grant Bldng - Quarterdeck ***
- 4:30 – 6:00 - Improving Your Federal Application
- 4:30 – 5:15 - Presentation * See note below
- 5:15 - 6:00 - One-on-one support with an advisor
*Please note: Although open to all students, this presentation is geared for permanent residents or nationals seeking to obtain positions within the Federal Government of Canada