Crossroads tip: Inline images & files
Crossroads posts are more effective and enjoyable for readers when the author adds inline images (pictures within the body/text of the Crossroads story) or files (such as a form).
Follow along with the easy steps below to learn how to add inline images and files to your Crossroads posts.
Adding inline images
1) Log into Crossroads and create event or news story. (Need help doing this? See here.)
2) Write text in the body section of your post.
3) Select the inline images tab. (We will learn about insterting files after images - see step 7 for files).
4) Select choose file and find your image (1). Select upload (2).
5) Place cursor where you would like the image to be placed in the body section of your text (1). Name your photo (2). Select insert and your image will appear in the text (3).
When the image appears within your text place your cursor on the corner of the photo and drag it in or out to make the image smaller or larger. Here is a Crossroads example with inline images.
6) To add more images, add another image file and repeat steps above.
Adding a file
7) To add a file select the file tab on the left hand side of your screen.
8) Select choose file and find your file (1). Select upload (2).
9) Place cursor where you would like the file to be placed in the body section of your text (1). Name your file (2). Select insert and your file will appear in the text (3).
10) Here is what the file will look like when placed in the text. Here is an example of a Crossroads event with a file.
Where can I go to get help with Crossroads?
Questions, ideas and feedback can be directed to the Crossroads team in Communications and Advancement.
Stay tuned for next week’s tip on hyperlinks and copying/pasting text within the body section of your post.