CTET workshops the antidote to rainy days?
All Royal Roads faculty and staff are invited to participate in one or more upcoming CTET workshops! Over October and November, we have several new and classic workshops coming up, all of which are free for all faculty and staff. We can't change the weather, but we can help you in your planning, delivering, and/or supporting excellent learning experiences.
Getting Started with Collaborate Ultra (*new!*)
October 26, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Focused on learning how to use Collaborate Ultra and developing technical proficiency using Collaborate Ultra tools and moderator controls. This 90-minute workshop is delivered synchronously online. Learn more & register.
Teaching with Collaborate Ultra
November 2 & 9, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Focused on developing skills for teaching interactively online using Collaborate Ultra. This workshop is delivered synchronously online in two 90-minute sessions. Learn more & register.
My Media Workshop (*new!*)
November 14, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
- Designed to help you learn how to get around and use My Media, a new platform in Moodle which allows you to create, edit, and share videos and other media such as webcam + screen recordings, narrated presentations, video quizzes, and more. Learn more or, to register, email CTET Faculty Development.
CTET Orientation for Program Staff (*new!*)
November 21, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Part workshop, part meet-and-greet, part Q&A, this 90-minute session is an opportunity to learn about CTET, our team, and the services that we offer to support program staff. Learn more or contact Sonia Regnier for registration information.
Moodle: Getting Around
November 24, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
- Focused on the basics of navigating around a Moodle course for new users. This workshop is delivered on-campus over 2 hours. Learn more & register.
Moodle: Editing & Enhancing
November 24, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Focused on learning how to build and edit a Moodle course for users with basic Moodle navigational skills. Learn how to add and edit Moodle activities and resources. This workshop is delivered on-campus over 3 hours. Learn more & register.
We are also taking a waitlist for Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) – Fundamentals (October 30 - December 1) and Intercultural Foundations for Education (Online) (November 6 - December 3), both of which are currently full. To learn more or to request a spot on the waitlist for either of these workshops, please email CTET Faculty Development.
Follow @RRU_CTET on Twitter.