FoM welcomes Dr. Hany Fahmy
On behalf of the Faculty of Management (FoM), I am delighted to welcome Dr. Hany Fahmy as our newest faculty member in the School of Business.
Hany has a Ph.D. in Economics from Concordia University, a Masters Degree in Economics from The American University, and a B.Sc. in Mathematics. His field of specialization is time series econometrics and its applications to finance theory, behavioral finance and decision theory. In his research, he uses tools from mathematics and statistics to analyze, model and test how individuals make optimal financial and economic decisions.
In terms of industry expertise, Hany has more than 10 years of experience in economic consulting and financial valuation. As a consultant, Hany performed various market studies, feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and project appraisal for different clients from both the private and the public sectors. Here are some of his market studies and academic publications:
- Fahmy, H. (accepted). Understanding the Nonlinear Regime-Switching Behavior of Commodity Prices Using Incoterms, The Journal of International Trade and Economic Development.
- Fahmy, H. (2017). Testing the Empirical Validity of the Adaptive Markets Hypothesis, The Review of Economic Analysis: 9(1), pp 169-184.
- Fahmy, H. (2015). Asset Allocation and Security Selection in Theory & in Practice: A Literature Survey from a Practitioner's Perspective, Journal of Applied Finance and Accounting: 1(2), pp 10-37.
- Fahmy, H. (2013). Regime Switching in Commodity Prices (thesis), Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
- Fahmy, H. (2007). Assessing the Economic Viability of the Vocational Training Program: A Cost-Benefit Analysis, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Industry (MOFTI).
- Fahmy, H. (2005). The Commercial International (CIB)'s Training Program on Quantitative Techniques and Decision Modelling, The Commercial International Bank, Cairo, Egypt.
Hany starts on Monday, April 1. Please join me in warmly welcoming him to Royal Roads University and FoM!
William R. Holmes, DBA, CPA, CMA, CGA, CPHR
Dean, Faculty of Management