HR has expanded its library
HR has expanded its resource library to include some familiar titles and even one written by a Royal Roads faculty member!
The Royal Roads Library isn’t the only one to get a facelift on campus. We were feeling a little left out, so after some remodeling of our own, the Human Resources’ Library has been updated and modernized to include several new inspirational and informative books by authors such as Jon Kabat-Zinn and Royal Roads' own Dr. Carolin Rekar Munro! See below for just a few of the exciting new books we have in our library:
- Managing the New Generation (Carolin Rekar Munro)
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the present moment (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- Wherever you go, There you are (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- Real Happiness at work: Meditation for accomplishment, achievement and peace (Sharon Salzberg)
- The Coaching Manager: developing top talent in business (Hunt and Weintraub)
And did you know the Royal Roads Library is also rich with books on personal, professional and organizational development?
Check out some of these other top-pick-titles that have been hiding out among the shelves in the Library:
- Reframing Organizations: Artistry, choice and leadership (Bolman & Deal)
- Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence (Goleman, Boyatzis, Mckee)
- Facilitator's Guide to participatory decision making (Kaner, Lind, Toldi, Fisk & Berger)
- Learning in relationship: Foundation for personal & professional success (Short, R. R.)
- Collaborating with the Enemy: How to work with people you don’t agree with… (Adam Kahane)
- Your brain at work: Strategies for overcoming distraction, regaining focus… (David Rock)
- Thinking fast and slow (Daniel Kahneman)
- Coaching for Performance: growing human potential and purpose (John Whitmore)
So whether you borrow a couple of books from us in HR or from the Royal Roads Library, you’ll be sure to find something to expand your mind and further develop yourself or your team at RRU! Come visit us in Human Resources (Nixon 2nd floor) to see what other tantalizing texts we have on our shelves!