Kelly Teaching Awards deadline extended
The Kelly Outstanding Teaching Awards nomination deadline for all award categories is extended to Monday, May 25th at 9 a.m. PST.
In addition to the Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award itself, this year introduces three new categories in which awards may be given:
- New Teacher Award – for candidates who have taught less than five RRU for-credit courses
- Team Teaching Award – for teams who have taught three or more RRU for-credit courses together
- Outstanding Workshop Facilitation Award – for instructors within the Continuing Studies Program, who facilitate non-credit courses for RRU.
In light of these changes, the Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award criteria has been adjusted to reflect that a nominee must have taught at least five RRU for-credit courses.
Students, alumni, faculty and staff may nominate an RRU faculty or associate faculty member they feel exemplifies the teaching excellence that this suite of awards strives to recognize.
For a nomination to stand, a team of four (three nominators plus the nominee) must complete and submit online via the appropriate link above:
- a nomination form
- a statement of teaching philosophy
- a reflective practice statement
- a table of courses taught
Nominations close - and all items must be submitted by – May 25, 2015 at 9 a.m. PST.
It is imperative that your prospective nominee (faculty member/facilitator) be contacted before any items are submitted, to ensure that they would like to accept the nomination and have not already been nominated by another set of nominators.
Please contact Tami Saj (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-391-2600 ext 4382) if you have any questions about the awards, the process, or have difficulty accessing the links above. All inquiries are strictly confidential.