Kelly Teaching Awards: deadline is Sunday!
Nominations for the 2016 Kelly Outstanding Teaching Awards are open but only until Sunday night!
RRU faculty and associate faculty can be nominated in one or more of four categories:
- Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award - for candidates who have taught at least five RRU for-credit courses (may include five iterations of the same course, for example, or five different courses, or a combination of the two)
- New Teacher Award - for candidates who have taught less than five RRU for-credit courses (may include iterations of the same course or different courses, or a combination)
- Team Teaching Award - for faculty teams who have taught three or more RRU for-credit courses together (may include iterations of the same course or different courses, or a combination)
- Outstanding Workshop Facilitation Award - for instructors who facilitate non-credit RRU courses
Students, alumni, faculty and staff may nominate an RRU faculty member or associate faculty they feel exemplifies the teaching excellence that this suite of awards strives to recognize.
Please use the links below to access further information about each award category, the process, and the submission areas for all award categories.
Click here if you are a student or alumni (use MyAdmin account).
Click here if you are faculty or staff
For a nomination to stand, a team of three nominators -- and only three nominators! -- plus the nominee must complete and submit online via the appropriate link above:
- nomination form
- statement of teaching philosophy
- reflective practice statement
- table of courses taught
A candidate may be nominated for multiple award categories, if they meet the criteria for each category. Prior to submitting a nomination form, please contact your prospective nominee to determine which category or categories they are eligible for and submit a separate form for each category.
Nominations close - and all items must be submitted by – May 15, 2016 at 11:55 p.m.
It is imperative that a prospective nominee (faculty member/facilitator) be contacted before any items are submitted, to ensure that they would like to accept the nomination and have not already been nominated by another set of nominators.
Please contact Tami Saj by email or phone 250-391-2600 ext 4382 if you have any questions about the awards, the process, or have difficulty accessing the links above.