Kelly Teaching Awards nominations are open
Nominations for the 2019 Kelly Outstanding Teaching Awards are now open! Royal Roads faculty and associate faculty can be nominated in one or more of four categories:
- Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award—for candidates who have taught at least five Royal Roads for-credit courses (may include five iterations of the same course, for example, or five different courses, or a combination of the two)
- New Teacher Award—for candidates who have taught less than five Royal Roads for-credit courses (may include iterations of the same course or different courses or a combination)
- Team Teaching Award—for faculty teams who have taught three or more Royal Roads for-credit courses together (may include iterations of the same course or different courses or a combination)
- Outstanding Workshop Facilitation Award—for instructors who facilitate non-credit Royal Roads courses
Students, alumni, faculty and staff may nominate a Royal Roads faculty member or associate faculty they feel exemplifies the teaching excellence that this suite of awards strives to recognize. A nominating team must consist of at least two students, with the remaining team member being another student or an alumni, faculty/associate faculty or staff member.
Please use the links below to access further information about each award category, the process and the submission areas for all award categories.
More information for student or alumni (use MyAdmin account for login).
More information for faculty or staff.
For a nomination to stand, a team of three nominators—and only three nominators! (plus the nominee)—must complete and submit online via the appropriate link above:
- nomination form
- statement of teaching philosophy
- reflective practice statement
- table of courses taught
A candidate may be nominated for multiple award categories if they meet the criteria for each category. Before submitting a nomination form, please contact your prospective nominee to determine which category or categories they are eligible for. Please submit a separate form for each category.
It is imperative that a prospective nominee (faculty member/facilitator) be contacted before any items are submitted, to ensure they would like to accept the nomination and have not already been nominated by another set of nominators.
Nominations close and all items must be submitted by May 15, 2019. Nominations completed after May 15 will be adjudicated in next year's process.
Please contact Tami Saj by email or phone 250-391-2600 ext 4382 if you have any questions about the awards, the process or have difficulty accessing the links above.