Library tip: Book an appointment online
Need research help? Try out our online appointment booking system.
From there, you can book an appointment with the library, Writing Centre, Accessibility Services, Counseling Services, Financial Aid & Awards, or Student Engagement.
Steps for booking an appointment with a librarian
- Select ‘Library’ from the list of service areas that you would like to meet with.
- Select the length of appointment you would like from the drop-down menu, then select the staff member you would like to meet with (‘no preference’ is selected by default).
- Choose a date and time (Pacific Time) that works for you.
- Enter your name, your program and your contact details. You may also identify what you’d like to focus on or provide a short summary of your topic. For example: “I am looking for literature on collaborative leadership in healthcare.”
- Click the blue button to confirm your appointment.
- You’ll receive an email with a calendar invite confirming your appointment. This confirmation email will also contain a link to cancel if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Can you get research help without booking an appointment with a librarian?
To see what support material we have online first, you can review our Research Guides or search our frequently asked questions. To search our FAQs, simply click on the "Ask the Library" tab on the right side of the library homepage and type a keyword to search for an answer to your question. If you don’t find the information you need, please ask us for help using the contact form. We'll send you a private reply as quickly as we can, usually within one business day.
If you prefer, please phone us at 250-391-2575 (toll free at 1-800-788-8028) or drop by the library front desk and ask to speak with a librarian. Note that drop-in appointments are subject to availability. You are also welcome to email us for research help.
Questions about this tip? Please Ask the Library!