LIC Welcome Centre open
The Welcome Centre located at the Learning and Innovation Centre (LIC) is open and ready to welcome you, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., for access to physically distanced bookable spaces for various business needs.
To book a space please book online at www.royalroads.ca/bookaroom or contact our Welcome Centre team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-391-2511 for assistance. Request for space beyond the LIC, or that requires other resource team support such as media services, will be shared with the Campus Services Scheduling Office for further review to align with campus posture requirements.
The safety and security of all coming to campus is of upmost importance to us. When visiting campus, please be aware:
Arriving on campus
- Parking lots and roads are open and parking rates are in effect. For daily parking we suggest P4 or P3.
- Enter through the front door of the LIC and proceed to the Guest Services desk for sign in. This area has been redesigned with a plexiglass barrier for safety. Hand sanitizer is located next to the elevator on the main level, for your convenience.
- A member of the custodial team is present to disinfect high touch point surfaces. If you are visiting one of the rooms, you will be escorted to this space and door handles will be disinfected. Please notify our front desk if you visit other areas of the building during your visit so that our staff may disinfect them after you leave.
- Habitat Cafe is open with limited hours and grab-and-go food services. The gift shop remains closed. Academic support services are available online.
- Lounge area on main level and the 3rd floor – max. occupancy of 20 (do not move the furniture);
- Computer lab – maximum occupancy of 10 people;
- Breakout rooms 208, 210, 221, 223, 308, 316, 321, 323, 327, 329, 331 and Business Centre – maximum occupancy of two people;
- Breakout rooms 205, 207, 209, 214, 225, 305, 307, 309, 314, 325 – maximum occupancy of four people
- Classrooms changed to meeting room spaces:
- 311A – maximum occupancy of 12 people;
- 222A, 222B, 226A, 226B, 311B – maximum occupancy of 13 people;
- 322 – maximum occupancy of 16 people; 224 – maximum occupancy of 21 people;
- 326 – max. occupancy of 23 people; 213 – maximum occupancy of 25 people.
Please sign out at Guest Services when you leave so our custodians can target areas in need of disinfection and so that we can track building occupants in case of emergency.
Please reach out to the Guest Services by telephone 250-391-2511 or by email at email@example.com