Maximize Moodle with My Media
The Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies (CTET) is pleased to announce that we will be featuring Moodle’s My Media tool as part of the Moodle to the Max Project in October and November. My Media is a powerful tool that is built right into Moodle, allowing instructors and students to create, curate, and share video and other multimedia files almost anywhere in Moodle. Some of the reasons we love My Media include:
- There are no file size restrictions, so you never have to worry about whether your video file is too big to share.
- Students are more than end-users; they are also creators, empowered to make and share their own multimedia content.
- My Media combines video sharing technology with video creation technology, offering a one-stop-shop for multimedia all under the one roof.
- Videos you create or store in your My Media library go with you where-ever you go in Moodle; your multimedia content is always at your fingertips.
- My Media videos and multimedia files can be shared (almost) anywhere you can normally write text in Moodle. This includes Moodle pages, forum posts, assignment drop-boxes, and many more places.
We invite the community to join us in exploring My Media in the months of October and November:
Watch a short video for a “sneak peek” of what My Media can do:
Explore the Moodle to the Max Project page
The Moodle to the Max Project page includes overviews and sample activities for all the Moodle tools we have featured as part of the project, including My Media. Read more about the pedagogical applications of My Media and experience examples of teaching and learning artifacts that instructors have created using My Media. You can also share your own ideas and give feedback about the activity and the project.
Learn more about My Media by completing our self-paced course
Learn about how to use Moodle's My Media feature to create, edit, and share videos and other media directly in your Moodle platform. This online self-paced course takes a total of 60-90 minutes to complete and can be done at your own pace from your home or office. Self-enroll via Continuing Studies Moodle (use enrolment key "moodlemymedia").
Share your feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions about the Moodle to the Max project. Contact CTET Studio with your general questions or get in touch with your CTET instructional designer for additional support with using Moodle Feedback in your courses.
Follow @RRU_CTET on Twitter.