National Indigenous Day June 21
Activities for all ages! Free!!!
- Tour the Coast Salish Art Exhibit
- Power to Be - Canoe & Kayak Rides
- Nature Walk on Charlie’s Trail with Kenneth Elliott, Cowichan Tribes
- Drumming & Singing by Jessica Sault, Nuu-chah-nulth
- Meet Members of the RRU Elders Circle
- Tea, bannock and other refreshments - learn how to make fry bread!
- Learn and visit the House Pole Carving Shed and visit other craft tables such as cedar weaving.
- Indigenous vendors will have items to purchase art, jewelry and moccasins - come support our local artists by purchasing their work!
The international student classes from cohort one and two have been assisting in the planning!
You can join any of the above activities to learn how to make delicious fry bread, learn how to cedar weave, or sit and enjoy a visit with one of our RRU Elders Circle members.
For more information, please contact Asma-na-hi Antoine, extension 4557.