Nominations open for the 2015 Kelly Awards
The nomination process for the 2015 Kelly Outstanding Teaching Awards is now open!
This year, there are three new categories in which awards may be given, in addition to the Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award itself.
The new award categories are:
- New Teacher Award – for candidates who have taught less than five RRU for-credit courses
- Team Teaching Award – for teams who have taught three or more RRU for-credit courses together
- Outstanding Workshop Facilitation Award – for instructors within the Continuing Studies Program, who facilitate non-credit courses for RRU.
In light of these changes, the Kelly Outstanding Teaching Award criteria has been adjusted to reflect that a nominee must have taught at least five RRU for-credit courses.
Students, alumni, faculty and staff may nominate an RRU faculty member they feel exemplifies the teaching excellence that this suite of awards strives to recognize.
Please use the links below to access further information about each award category, the process, and the submission areas.
Click here if you are a student or alumni (use MyAdmin account).
Click here if you are faculty or staff
For a nomination to stand, a team of four (three nominators -- and only three nominators! -- plus the nominee) must complete and submit online via the appropriate link above:
- a nomination form
- a statement of teaching philosophy
- a reflective practice statement
- a table of courses taught
Nominations close - and all items must be submitted by – May 15, 2015.
It is imperative that your prospective nominee (faculty member/facilitator) be contacted before any items are submitted, to ensure that they would like to accept the nomination and have not already been nominated by another set of nominators.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 250-391-2600 ext 4382) if you have any questions about the award, the process, or have difficulty accessing the links above.