Open texts help students
Royal Roads University is part of a growing movement to change education! It's all about open! Why not consider assigning an Open Textbook for your courses in the fall?
An Open Textbook is licensed openly, so it's free to use, re-use, modify, and adapt to fit your RRU course requirements.
Open Textbooks are flexible for educators and free for students and offer interactive learning experiences. They are a faculty-reviewed, affordable, flexible alternative to traditionally-published textbooks.
The BCcampus Open Textbook Toolkit is your starting point on how to change education with just one textbook. It provides:
- Links to all our high-quality, peer-reviewed textbooks ready to use right now,
- Links to best practices in open learning and teaching, and how you can contribute,
- Instructions and how-to videos,
- Downloadable posters and brochures to help you spread the word about open educational resources,
- A place for you to sign up to receive updates and tell us of your experiences using open textbooks,
- A chance for you to receive a free gift when you assign your first open textbook.
When you assign an open textbook, you're helping students and joining a world-wide movement to make education free, open and accessible to all.
Find an Open Textbook now! Titles that may be of interest include:
- Mastering Strategic Management
- Communication Theory
- Organic Chemistry with a Biological Emphasis
- Principles of Microeconomics
For more information on the BCcampus Open Textbook Project visit open.bccampus.ca, drop by STUDIO in LIC 004 (on April 30 at 12:30 p.m. join Librarian Jessica Mussell at a STUDIO Session on Searching for Open Resources), or contact your CTET Instructional Designer.