Original Poetry Exhibit
The RRU Diversity Action Group is pleased to open a call for original poems in recognition of the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is observed annually on March 21.
All RRU students, alumni, staff, faculty and other members of the RRU community are invited to participate.
Original poems of 50-250 words are to focus on the elimination of all forms of discrimination. Poems will be shared at the Original Poetry Exhibit on March 21 11 a.m. to noon. Additionally, poems will be published on a public WordPress site.
About the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
On March 21, 1960, police killed 69 peaceful demonstrators in Sharpeville, South Africa, who were protesting apartheid laws. The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination provides an opportunity for us to use our voices to eliminate all forms of discrimination.
Email your original poem submission to Sophia Palahicky by March 4.
Here's what to include in your email submission. We suggest you copy this into the body of your email.
- Your first and last name
- Your “author” name (name you would like displayed with your poem, may be the same or different from first and last name)
- Whether you are a student, alumni, staff or faculty member
- Title of poem
- Poem in full (minimum 50 words, maximum 250 words)
- Statement that you agree we can publish your poem on the WordPress site that is open to the public
- Yes or No? I would like to read my poem at the Original Poetry Exhibit on March 21 (you will receive a follow up email with more information if you choose yes)
- Yes or No? I would prefer if the moderator read my poem at the Original Poetry Exhibit on March 21
March 21, 11 a.m.–noon:
- Online via BlueJeans
- Face-to-face gathering in Library Pond 3 for listening and viewing only
Let’s use our voices and make a strong statement to eliminate all forms of discrimination!
RRU Diversity Action Group