A professional development opportunity for educators.
Population Connection: Hands-on Activities for People
Join Population Education, the Royal Road University MA in Environmental Education and Communication program and the Sierra Club of British Columbia for an interactive, two-hour professional development workshop for educators and tohers interested in population issues on March 8 from 4-6 p.m. at the BCGEU Auditorium, 2994 Douglas Street, Victoria.
- Understand global challenges and explore sustainable solutions that value human dignity and the environment.
- Learn new techniques to help others deepen their understanding of the connections between population trends, resource use, and the environment through role-playing, representational models, group problem-solving, and simulation games.
- Perfect for use in the classroom and at nature centers, zoos, or aquariums. These activities challenge students to make meaningful associations between individuals, communities and global issues.
Participants will receive:
- Two hours of professional development training and a certificate of completion.
- A curriculum CD with over 60 full lesson plans aligned to B.C. teaching standards.
- Additional age-appropriate teaching resources and access to Population Education curriculum items.
For more information, contact Dr. Richard Kool