Recommended Read: Fail More
This week we're recommending Fail More: Embrace, Learn, and Adapt to Failure As a Way to Success by Bill Wooditch.
From the publisher: Learning from our mistakes is the only way to make sure we don’t make the same ones twice. But what if you could use every failure—large and small—to actually create a successful business, career, and life? Fail More provides the knowledge, insight, and tools to do just that. This one-of-a-kind guide teaches you how to take active, strategic measures to turn the sting of failure into the reward of growth. It reveals the setbacks that are both inevitable and valuable, and it delivers practical ways of quickly moving past self-judgment and recrimination to:
- Create large and small goals
- Establish milestones for achieving them
- Analyze data to determine what worked and what didn't
- Make the necessary corrections to your method
- Determine what you need and adjust accordingly
- Evaluate your actions
- Assess your progress while refining your game plan
- Use failing as a core tool for motivation
By embracing failure, not just “getting past it,” you will fly past your competition, whether you’re building a startup, advancing in your career, or improving your personal life.