RRU Community Service Leadership Project
In the fall of 2017, Student Engagement launched the Community Service Leadership Project in order to provide opportunities for students to volunteer with community groups and in support of the BBA program’s 1000 Hours of Service initiative. Over the past four months, students have participated in a range of volunteer activities, including:
- Baking with residents at Pacifica Housing (see the photo above)
- Home renovations with HeroWorks
- Race marshals for CIBC Run for the Cure
- Running the photo booth for Santa’s Pancake Breakfast
- Setting up the Festival of Trees
- Social media support for Creatively United for the Planet
You can learn more about the Community Service Leadership Project, including how students can sign up for events and track their volunteer hours, by visiting our Volunteer Opportunities webpage.
The Community Service Leadership Project is always looking for meaningful service opportunities that benefit our community, both locally and online. If you know of organizations who may be looking for volunteers, or if you have suggestions for Community Service Leadership opportunities, please contact Claire Clarke.