SAFE Fund: Call for applications extended
The deadline for applications for funding from the Sustainability Action for the Environment Fund (SAFE) has been extended to Monday, Feb. 18, 2019.
Royal Roads students, faculty, staff, associate faculty and alumni can apply. Projects should support and enhance sustainability efforts either on or off campus and serve as examples of "living your learning."
Preference will be given to projects which:
- engage students, staff and faculty and/or the larger community;
- have a defined time frame and specific deliverables the applicant can oversee;
- are possible and realistic in the scope of the objectives;
- advance existing sustainability initatives on campus and a culture of sustainability;
- promote and/or facilitate collaboration with multiple stakeholders;
- demonstrate innovative design and implementation; and
- are not part of an existing operating budget.
The SAFE Fund was established by Dr. Charles Krusekopf in 2007 to encourage Masters in Environment and Management students to offset the greenhouse gas emissions created by their travel to residency. Using carbon calculators, students estimated the emissions generated by their travel and made corresponding donations to the fund.
Download the SAFE Fund application form.