What's planned for Bike to Work Week?
Bike to Work Week is less than two weeks away, running from May 29 - June 4. If you haven't already, please join the RRU Roadies to win prizes and add your commuting distances to our combined totals.
Signing up is easy! Simply email email@example.com with "sign me up!" in the subject line. Then, each day you ride during BTWW, enter your daily distance on the online distance tracker so we can track our combined efforts.
Planned BTWW activities this year:
- Monday, May 29, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: BTWW Victoria Celebration Station across from the campus gates. For a full list of the week’s Celebration Stations click here.
- Tuesday, May 30, 7:30 a.m to 9 a.m.: Ride-up breakfast in front of LIC. Fruit, baked goods, coffee and permission to feel self-satisfied.
- Tuesday, May 30, noon to 1 p.m.: BTWW yoga class in the fitness room in the gym with Kate Landreth.
- Wednesday, May 31, noon to 1 p.m.: Fun and games in front of the Grant Building. There will be the annual penny-drop race, some food and a group photo. The Velofix Mobile Bike Shop will be on site so Brent Hooper can assess your bike and potentially make small adjustments. If your bike needs more complete servicing, Brent would be happy to schedule a full appointment later. Click here to book your appointment.
BTWW prizes this year:
- Daily random draw
- Random draw for the week
- Random draw of riders who rode five days
- Longest single commute
- Longest total commute
- Shortest single commute
- Random draw from attendees of the ride-up breakfast
- Random draw from attendees of the activities in front of the Grant Building
- Winner of the penny drop
Photo credit: Max Pixel