Students only online support group: COVID-19
Please note: This service is for students only.
In Canada and around the world, Royal Roads students are changing their daily lives to support the containment of the virus that causes COVID-19.
In addition to the health concerns associated with the virus, the stress and uncertainty at this time can feel heavy and overwhelming. Many of us are practicing social distancing or isolation, making it is more important than ever to maintain a sense of community in creative ways.
To provide support to our student community, Student Services is hosting a weekly online group to support each other and share tips for getting through this challenging time.
Join Royal Roads counsellors Sarah Chettleburgh and Gemma Fraser and a member of the Student Engagement Team from noon to 1 p.m. PDT every Thursday from March 19 to April 30 on Blackboard Collaborate to discuss topics such as:
• Tips for managing social distancing
• How to survive (and maybe even thrive?) during periods of isolation and quarantine
• How to maintain optimistic thinking patterns during challenging times
• Tips for building resilience and managing stress
• Creative ways to have fun online - we will experiment with some activities!
*Participation is not required, feel free to join in just to listen or observe*